Sunday, June 22, 2008

Is it a jinx or a curse?

We (Mudin, Anbo, Mat, Pendekar, and I) had a 'ngeteh' session last night from 9.00 PM until 1.30 AM. So, I decided to stay up another few hours for the Holland - Russia match. My kid's PSP will keep me busy while waiting for the match to start.

Well, Portugal is out. The Croatians who beat a three 'star' team was stopped by the die hard Turks. The Dutch who thrashed other teams in its group level is at the best 8 only. Thanks to Guss Hiddink's russian roulette. It appears to me all group winners can't campaign any longer in this Euro 2008 edition. It is like a jinx or a curse of being the group winner. One more match to go Spain vs. Italy. Put on your bet, who will march on?

If it is Italy, then I see a lesson, you got to beaten to go further or you got to fall so you can bounce back higher...

No comments: